Wednesday 26 September 2007

Sometimes it's like swimming in glue

Writing had been going rather slow this week, but I am edging my way towards completing chapter 19. It was always going to be a small chapter but I've squeezed in some extra substance which overflowed from 18 and I think it should end up being a reasonable length.

I've passed 100,000 words since my last post, woo-hoo. I'm still comfortably on course for the 160,000 goal. However I'm now deeply into the material which is completely new to this draft, new characters and new story-lines. It's a bit jumbled at the moment but it's difficult for me to tell how well it reads as I write it. I'm just trying to get it all down onto the page as soon as possible really then when I have the book as a whole I can start worrying about pacing and structure.

For the moment though, it's all about pushing that word count.

No comments: